Terms and conditions
These are the terms and conditions governing your participation in the virtual ECSSMET 2021 conference.
By registering for the virtual ECSSMET 2021 you agree to these participation terms and conditions.
If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have made the participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
Your registration entitles you to access to the Virtual ECSSMET 2021 for which you have registered. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance shall be borne solely by you, and DLR as organizer of the virtual ECSSMET shall have no liability for such costs.
Online behavior during the virtual ECSSMET 2021
• All participants of ECSSMET will be provided with personalised credentials allowing them access to the Virtual ECSSMET Forum.
These credentials are personal and non-transferable. Non-registered individuals and minors will not be able to access
the Virtual Forum, unless upon prior agreement with the Virtual Forum organisers.
• Throughout the Virtual Forum, all participants are expected to interact with fellow attendees in the same way
as at a physical ECSSMET Forum. As such:
o All communication, be it verbal or electronic, must be carried out in a respectful and polite manner.
Inappropriate messaging or contact will not be tolerated.
o As a participant, you can join a session via video chat or just voice chat, without video.You agree that you are visible with your first
and last name during the virtual event (similar to a face-to-face event with a name tag).
o Live sessions during the Forum will be moderated. Participants are expected to respect the choices of the moderator in
selecting questions or comments, managing session times, etc.
Use of camera, video and photos
• Attendees of the virtual ECSSMET conference are required to respect the privacy of other participants and refrain from any unauthorised
or unwelcomed recording or photography,icluding recording of any direct or indirect interactions or
electronic messaging with other meeting delegates.
• Participants are reminded that material presented at ECSSMET 2021 conference is the intellectual property of ECSSMET. As a result,
participants are prohibited from recording presentations in their entirety with the intent to distribute to others.
The use of personal smart phones, cameras or video devices should be limited to recording snapshots or snippets for personal use,
such as taking snapshots throughout the conference venue to support ECSSMET efforts to convey the excitement
of the event through posting on social media.
• Taking photos and recordings within the Forum environment for professional use is not
allowed without obtaining prior permission from the organiser.
Content Presented at ECSSMET conference:
• All data and scientific research that is presented at the virtual ECSSMET 2021 shall be based on original research findings that have
been derived from procedures and experiments that adhere to the accepted guidelines for good ethical
and experimental research conduct.
• All Presenters are responsible for the content of their presentations, whether oral or written, and shall secure appropriate consent
from collaborators and funders, as relevant, prior to any presentation at the ECSMMET.
• All intellectual property rights to papers and presentations made at the virtual conference will be the property of ECSSMET
• ECSSMET encourages open and respectful discussions on social media and blogging platforms. Nonetheless, participants are requested
to not post images or video online without obtaining appropriate permission.
• Participants are requested to respect any request from an author not to disseminate the contents of their presentation/poster.
The ECSSMET organisers reserve the right to take any action as deemed necessary as a consequence of any breach of the present terms . This includes reporting to host institutions and permanent removal of Virtual ECSSMET credentials.